Sixth Form Admissions for September 2022
The school admits both girls and boys into the Sixth Form. Admission is based on academic potential to follow the courses offered. Kings Norton Sixth Form prioritises applications from students at Kings Norton Girls’ School and Kings Norton Boys’ School, who have met the minimum academic requirements for a course.
The school will admit 138 students to the Sixth Form annually.
3+ A Level study: 5 GCSE grade 5 or above (or equivalent), grade 4 GCSE in English and maths; for each proposed course of study, the minimum entry criteria for each must be met. This is usually a grade 6 (grade 7 science) in the subject at GCSE or associated subject.
2 A Level study (from a given range of subjects): 5 GCSE grade 4 or above (or equivalent), grade 3 GCSE in English and maths, grade 5 in subjects studied or associated subject.
(assuming that entrance requirements indicated below are met):-
- Looked after or previously looked after children
- Existing students at Kings Norton Girls’ School
- Children of staff at the school where:
- The member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made OR
- The member of staff is recruited to fill a post for which there is a demonstrable shortage.
- Existing students at Kings Norton Boys’ School
- Distance (Note: distances are calculated on the basis of a straight-line measurement between the applicant’s home address and the front main reception entrance to the school).