Dear Parents and Carers
I have received the below update from the government today. Please continue to inform us if your child is absent from school, providing us with details of the reason for this absence. As you can see below schools are to remain open, at least for the time being.
Should a student be in self-isolation and well enough to complete work they should access appropriate work from the “Work for Self-Isolation” folder in Student Share which is currently being updated by staff. Students can access this from the school website: Portals, Webdrive, then entering their school email and password.
Nicola Raggett – Headteacher
COVID-19: guidance for education settings
What you need to know
- staff, young people and children should stay at home if they are unwell with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature to avoid spreading infection to others. Otherwise they should attend education or work as normal
- if you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, do not leave your home for 7 days from when your symptoms started. (See ending isolation section for more information)
- if staff, young people or children become unwell on site with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature they should be sent home
- clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces more often than usual using your standard cleaning products
- supervise young children to ensure they wash their hands for 20 seconds more often than usual with soap and water or hand sanitiser and catch coughs and sneezes in tissues
- posters and lesson plans on general hand hygiene can be found on the eBug website
- unless you have been directly advised to close by the local Public Health England Health Protection Team, we recommend all education settings remain open