Registering for free meals could raise an extra £900 of funding for the school to provide valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities.
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals. Your child is eligible for free school meals if you’re in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
If you are in receipt of any of the benefits above please click this link to check your eligibility for free school meals: https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/birmingham
Alternatively, please email the school at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check your eligibility for you.
If you are in one of the categories below please ensure we are aware as your child will be eligible for Pupil Premium funding:
- One or more parents are in the Armed forces.
- You adopted your child.
- The child in your care is on a Residence or Special Guardianship, or Child Arrangements Order.
All information is kept strictly confidential.
- Students with FSM entitlement have a daily allowance of £2.60. This could be used to have either a hot main or cold meal, a cold drink and dessert every day to the value of £2.60.Below are some examples of the meal deals your child could enjoy using their free school meal allowance…
- Main Meal Deal: Main course + water bottle or small juice carton + dessert (yogurt/ Jelly pot/ piece of fruit/ hot dessert & custard)
- Jacket Meal Deal: As above with a jacket potato & 1 filling
- Pasta Meal Deal: As above with a hot pasta pot & 1 topping
- Sandwich or Baguette Meal Deal: As above with a cheese or ham sandwich or baguette
- Did you know, by taking up your FSM entitlement you could save nearly £500 per year, per child!
- By using fingerprint technology, or a PIN number, at the till point, the FSM uptake is completely anonymous and our catering staff are fully trained on the sensitivity that can discourage some students from using the service.
- Here are just some of the benefits that this service can offer you:
- The knowledge that your child is receiving a nutritionally balanced meal
- Less money spent in the supermarket, more cash in your pocket
- Free up your time – no more having to prepare packed lunches