Each Form Tutor has students from Year 7 to 11 within their vertical tutor group and most will stay with the student throughout their 5 years, forging really positive relationships with each student and Parent/Carer.
Students see their Form Tutor at least 3 mornings a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Form Tutor will:
- Provide support and guidance for students.
- Demonstrate and challenge students on how to achieve their best each day, this includes ensuring students have their equipment and maintaining KNGS’ highest standards for uniform.
- Discuss and challenge students with any pattern of underachievement, poor behaviour, lateness and absence.
- Communicate with and receive communication from Parents.
- Check students’ planners weekly.
- Develop students personal, social, economic, health and well being skills through the schools Theme of the Week (TOTW) programme and daily tutor duties.
The Form Tutor should also be the first person to whom a student turns to for help or advice, although it may sometimes be necessary to refer the matter to the Head of House or Deputy Head or to an outside agency.
The fundamental building blocks of a successful education is the relationship between school and home. There are bound to be times when you have worries and anxieties about your child. When communication is needed, you will want reassurance from someone who really knows your child, someone who sees them on a nearly daily basis. Contact between Parents and Form Tutors is imperative and we ensure that you can always raise concerns and obtain answers quickly through Form Tutors, see our communication policy.