Our Heads of House are known for their outstanding pastoral care and trusting partnerships with parents, they underpin everything that we do at KNGS. Parallel with our high-quality learning and teaching, the heads of House and pastoral systems ensure the success and personal development of the students in our care, so they flourish academically, emotionally and socially.
The Heads of House and their pastoral team take pride in knowing every student by name, by face, and by their character.
The Heads of House role ensure that they:
- Promote the school’s ethos and values.
- Support the development of each student within their House, working alongside and supporting Form Tutors to improve the standards of learning, behaviour and acheivement for students.
- Support the progress of the students in their house group.
- Monitor and support the behaviour of students in their house group.
- Reward and praise students for continuous high standards or exceptional work.
- Support students through school transitions.
- Help students manage their own well-being and maintain good mental health.
- Develop and maintain strong, supportive communications and relationships with parents/carers whose children need support above those of the Form Tutor.