The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) for Kings Norton Girls’ School & Sixth Form is:
Mrs Nahieda Bi
Deputy DSL’s: Ms Jo Burke & Mrs Laura Maleady
Contact: Tel: 0121 675 1305, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information or links can be found on this page:
- What to do if are concerned for a child’s safety or wellbeing
- Advice on children’s Safety and well-being
- Safeguarding Policy
- Online safety
- Worried about: Online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating?
- Worried about: Child sexual exploitation?
- Worried about: Teenage relationship abuse?
- Worried about: Gangs?
- Worried about: Addiction or worries about Drugs or Alcohol abuse or Gambling?
- Young carer. Am I or a friend looking after a family member?
- Extremism and radicalisation
- I need help and support for my family
- Mental health
Concerned about a child’s safety or wellbeing
For most school related concerns regarding children at KNGS you should contact your child’s form tutor first via email@example.com or 0121 6751305 stating the reason for the contact, the name of the child and the form tutor if known.
If you are concerned about a child’s safety or wellbeing you should contact Mr Gunn Deputy Headteacher and the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) via the school’s main reception phone number 0121 6751305 stating it is a safeguarding concern. If the school feel it appropriate, we will make a referral to the Birmingham children’s trust via CASS.
Parents/Carers, members of the public (anyone) can report concerns/worries they have about children to the Birmingham Children’s Trust / (0121 303 1888)
Advice on children’s safety and wellbeing
If you do not want to talk to someone in school or make a referral to the children’s trust, try these organisations for advice on all aspects of children’s safety and wellbeing:
- The NSPCC