|KNGS 6 Application Form (pdf)||KNGS 6 Application Form (doc)|
Application deadline for September 2019
Internal applicants 29th November 2018(preferred).
Final deadline 25th January 2019.
The school admits both girls and boys into the Sixth Form. Admission is based on academic potential to follow the courses offered. Kings Norton Sixth Form prioritises applications from students at Kings Norton Girls’ School and Kings Norton Boys’ School, who have met the minimum academic requirements for a course, above students from other schools.
(assuming that entrance requirements indicated below are met)
Places will be allocated based on the following oversubscription criteria of the school and the funding agreement.
- Existing students at Kings Norton Girls’ School
- Existing Students at Kings Norton Boys’ School
- Looked after or previously looked after children (A Looked After Child is a child who is in the care of a local authority or is being provided with accommodation by a local authority as set out in s22(1) of the Children Act 1989. A Previously Looked After Child is a child who immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, special guardianship or child arrangements order.
- In the case of previously looked after children, admission authorities may request a copy of the adoption order, child arrangements order or special guardianship order and a letter from the local authority that last looked after the child confirming that he or she was looked after immediately prior to that order being made.
- Distance (Note: distances are calculated on the basis of a straight line measurement between the applicant’s home address and the front main reception entrance to the school)
5 GCSE grade 5 or above (or equivalent).
Grade 4 GCSE in English and maths.
For each proposed course of study, the minimum requirement for that subject must be met. This is usually a grade 6 in the subject at GCSE or associated subject.