Information for Parents and Students
For any examination queries please contact the Exams Officer (Chloe Welch) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 675 1305.
If a student is unwell and cannot sit an examination or is running late, the examination officer and/or school reception need to be informed before 8:15am.
It is good practice to have a full set of equipment for all of your exams, this includes: black pen, pencil, ruler, compass, sharpener, eraser, protractor and calculator all in a clear pencil case or plastic bag. Watches are permitted (with the exception of smart watches) during examinations, but must be placed on the examination desk.
We wish all students sitting exams the very best of luck.
Summer 2021 Exams
(Information below released 03.12.20)
The Education Secretary has released information regarding a “package of exceptional measures” for all students sitting examinations in Summer 2021, to improve fairness and prevent disruption. The Government has been clear that exams are the fairest way to judge a student’s performance and has made keeping schools and colleges open a national priority throughout the pandemic in order to minimise disruption to education.
The new measures include:
- more generous grading than usual, in line with national outcomes from 2020, so students this year are not disadvantaged;
- students receiving advance notice of some topic areas covered in GCSE, AS and A levels to focus revision;
- exam aids – like formula sheets – provided in some exams giving students more confidence and reducing the amount of information they need to memorise;
- additional exams to give students a second chance to sit a paper if the main exams or assessments are missed due to illness or self-isolation; and
- a new expert group to look at differential learning and monitor the variation in the impact of the pandemic on students across the country.
Full press release can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/extra-measures-to-support-students-ahead-of-next-summers-exams
(Information below released 22.10.20)
The government has announced the summer exam series will start on 7th June 2021 and end on 2nd July 2021, for almost all A Levels and GCSE’s.
Please note these dates are later than previously scheduled, all students MUST be available during this time. One maths and one English GCSE exam will be held just before the May half-term (Monday 31st May-Friday 4th June 2021). This will give any Year 11 pupils who are affected by Covid-19 the best possible chance of still sitting a paper in each of these core subjects.
The exam timetable is yet to be finalised, students will receive a confirmed timetable in the Spring Term.
Results days will be Tuesday 24th August 2021 for A Levels and Friday 27th August for GCSE’s.
Any further updates will be communicated in due course.
Dates for internal examinations below:
- Year 11 Mock Exams – Monday 18th – Tuesday 26th January 2021
- Year 13 Formal Assessments – Wednesday 27th January – Friday 5th February 2021
Due to the current circumstances, our internal examination dates are subject to change. Any changes will be communicated directly to students and parents.