The curriculum students follow in Years 10 and 11 is essentially divided into two parts: the core and the option subjects.
The core is the compulsory part of the curriculum and is largely determined by the government.
The core is divided into 2 parts:
- Level 2 qualifications (GCSE, NVQ), which are examined.
- Subjects which are not examined.
The examined part of the core consists of the following subjects:
- Mathematics GCSE
- English Language and Literature (2 GCSEs)
- Science GCSE ( Combined or Separate)
- One Language – French, Spanish or German
- Humanities – History or Geography
The non-examined part of the core is:
- RE ( also available as an optional RS GCSE)
- PSHE (including Citizenship, Careers and Work Related Learning)
Students choose three option subjects. Option choices cover a wide range of academic and DfE approved high quality vocational courses, which are agreed annually to meet the needs of all students.
Current Option subjects are:
GCSE: Art, Business Studies, Computer Science, Drama, Geography, Food Preparation and Nutrition, Graphics, Geography, History, Media Studies, Second Modern Foreign Language, Music, PE, Photography, Religious Studies, Sociology and Textiles.
OCR Cambridge National: Health and Social Care, Child Development.
For full curriculum details please view the relevant booklet below: